Manufacturer of e-bikes equipped with a patent-pending frame of aircraft-grade aluminum
B’Safe from Helite, France is the first wearable airbag vest that protects cyclists during their ride. The system is 100% autonomous and follows cyclist’s motion in real-time. When an accident or a fall is detected, the airbag will inflate automatically to protect the thorax, neck and back and ensure optimal protection before the impact. The device is light, conformable, easy to use and reusable after each inflation.
With B’safe, the first wearable cyclist’s airbag vest, you can safely ride your bike wherever you want to go. Going to work or for a ride by bicycle has never been so safe. The system uses sensors which detect shock and follows cyclist’s motion in context. When a fall or an accident is detected by the system, the airbag inflates automatically (60ms) and ensures perfect protection of the thorax, the neck and the back before the impact. The vest is light (about 1,5 kg), comfortable, easy to use and highly visible in the dark (thanks to reflective stripes all around the vest). It was designed for urban cyclists to protect them on their daily ride.
2 kind of detection are possible:
– Without a shock: (The cyclist slips along the road): The cyclist’s airbag detects the fall and will activate the airbag if it is needed.
– With a shock: (The cyclist impact a sidewalk): the «saddle sensor» detects the shock, send an alert to the CDU sensor which will determine if there is an accident and if it should trigger the airbag or not.
The accident detection takes 60ms and inflation of cyclist’s airbag takes 80ms. So, the cyclist is fully protected before the impact.
The B’safe airbag vest contains:
– an invisible airbag integrated into the vest (from 14 to 28 Liter according to the size)
– a cyclist’s airbag sensor inside the vest which follows cyclist’s motion in context and analyses the situation in real-time thanks to sensors (GPS, gyroscope and accelerometers)
– CO2 gas cartridge which inflates the airbag in case of fall or accident. It can be easily remove by yourself in a few minutes after each inflation.
Today, in France, more than 2 million people use a bicycle in their daily movements. Although they account for only 5% of road deaths, cyclists are among the most vulnerable users and are subject to serious consequences in the event of an accident. To ensure their safety, especially in the city, the French company Helite designed and launched B’Safe, the first airbag vest designed for cyclists.
Detailed information https://cyclist.helite.com